Yesterday I arrived home early from work, curled up on the couch, and that was it-out like a light for hours. So Food Revolution Friday is coming to you on a Saturday, but I don't think you'll mind. I'm even going bullety because there's lots of bits and pieces to tell you!
- Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution part 2 is airing April 12. Have you seen the new website? To support Jamie, I'll be featuring one of his recipes every Friday here until then. I already have one in mind-we made the chicken chow mein from Food Revolution in a Cooking class at work this past week, and it was so good I need to make it at home!
- I signed up to participate in an online bake sale for Japan with The Tomato Tart. This is such a great idea-you bid on some baked goodies from me, and the money goes to Second Harvest Japan. Then I bake and ship the goods to you. My donation is open only to bids from Canada, but if you check out the list of bakers there could be other people from your country there. If you live in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia and win, I might personally deliver the goodies to you! You can bid on March 31st.
- In case you missed it, I'm giving away a great gift basket from the folks at Clover Leaf full of goodies. Make sure to enter-you have until April 11th. While you're at it, check out their site and their 5 minute recipes (there's coupons, too!). We tried a few recipes and they not only took just 5 minutes to make, they were really great.
- Awhile ago Rachel over at La Fuji Mama hosted pancake week, and I contributed this fantastic Pumpkin Pie Pancake recipe that I found over at the Crepes of Wrath as my all time favorite pancake recipe. If you like pumpkin pie, you will LOVE these, especially topped with whipped cream and maple syrup. There's an interview with me too, as I'm dubbed a pancake-ologist!
- Everything Mom is re-launching April 18, and I have scored a new gig-instead of writing the meal plans once a week, I'll be full fledged Food Editor, filling up their database with 4 recipes a week! There will be everything from mains to sides and yes, even cookies and decadent treats. If you post a recipe to your site, let me know. I'm always looking for great recipes to link to and feature in meal plans, and it gets you some traffic! Don't fret, I never, EVER re-publish people's work.
- On Sunday I'm off for Toronto for spring break. I'll be spending some time in the Kraft Kitchens, talking to the people there about their products. Kevin has asked me to pass on a bunch of questions to them, most specifically about why they use MSG and tartrazine. I'm interested in seeing how things work in their kitchens, and where they get their ideas from! The best part is that I'm going to get to spend some time with my friend Emma. You all will be coming with me, as I'll be posting about it the whole time I'm gone! Or at the very least, when I have a connection to the internet.
- I also contributed an article about a kitchen that I covet over at the Yummy Mummy Club. A friend of mine had her kitchen re-done last year, and I love it soooo much. One day we had tea, I took pictures, and voila! A fun article to show it off to other people. You should check out the special touches and gadgets she has, it may give you some ideas for your own kitchen.