Happy Monday! Are you all awake?
I sincerely believe weekends should be three days long, because for me, two days are obviously just not enough. I'm still bleary eyed and sleepy, wishing that I could stay in bed a bit longer and have a day where I sit around and relax, already!
There will be no time for relaxing this coming weekend,as I'm going to be scooting over to Vancouver to my first bloggers conference. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see all my bloggy friends, and learn new bloggy things. Hopefully I'll remember people's names instead of standing there like a deer in the headlights, trying to place real life people to Twitter avatars.
If you are going to Northern Voice, come over and say hi to me!
The past few days have been interesting.
1. When I was making cobb salad the other night, I was chop chop chopping away, and my knife bounced off my very old, very warped cutting board, and landed right on my finger. You know the"holy crap that seriously hurts" gasp? Yep. I made it. Then I had to sit down because dude, I almost fainted. No bits of finger made it into the salad but wow, do I have a good cut to show for it.
2. I had a call from CBC. Wouldn't you like to know what about? I'm not telling. Yet. We'll see what happens. (ohhhh now you're curious, aren't you?)
3. Did you know that Santa Clara County banned toys in kid's meals? I thought that was a really bold move, and pretty cool. We'll have to watch that one. I know that Jake wanted to go to McDonalds just for the toy, because he didn't even like the food. No toys just might affect that bottom line, huh? What do you think?
4. I had a great chat with a local foodie on Saturday and will be picking up some yummy all natural samples to try, and then tell you all about. Food Revolution Friday has really inspired me to look into our local farmer's market, try some locally grown produce, and reduce the amount of processed food that we consume even more. The result of that will be a post series called "Focus on Local", where I showcase local food producers! I hope you are as excited as I am, as it will be lots of fun!
5. While YOU are out and about, check out the book launch/baby shower for The Survival Guide for Rookie Moms. It's happening May 4th at Baby's World in Coquitlam from 7-9 pm. The first 200 people get a swag bag full of goodies, and there will also be a raffle with the proceeds going to the BC Children's Hospital Foundation. If you are a new mom or mom to be, make sure to check that out!
Anything exciting happening in your corner of the woods this week?