Something has been bumping and rolling around in my brain, but I couldn't put my finger on it until recently. Fabulicious Friday, while fun to write the past few years, needs some updating. While it's fun to feature products, I've decided that from now on I am going to feature people and change up the format.
It's all about community, baby.
Ready for the first edition of Fab Friday 2010?
1. Twitter Me: You should be following... Obimomkenobi
"Help me, Obi-mom, you're my only hope," (!!) This amazing tweeter talked me down from the ledges and offered some advice via e-mail while I was having panic attacks over the last few weeks.
Sometimes people just come out of the blue when you least expect it. Thank you! And the Twitter background? Always makes me smile to see Storm Troopers on bikes.
2. Bloggy Buddy you should read: Mommy Wants Vodka
I met Becky just after Blog Her, when she realized that she had a stack of business cards to give away and forgot. So readers were told if we wanted some, she'd send us some and we could have fun with them-take pictures and that sort of thing, and submit them.
My card went all the way to Vancouver on a 2 day trip, and we totally forgot to take many pictures of it or send them in. What I didn't forget though was that tangible little piece of Becky, and I began reading her blog.
If I ever really need something funny to get me going, Becky's blog is the place to be. She's that awesome. Just don't be drinking something when you read because you might spew it all over your monitor in laughter.
3. Picture 1 in the 52 project: The photo that I forgot to send to Becky. It's taken on a bike trail across the river from the Vancouver International Airport. Like how the fly landed on the card and stayed there while I shot? Almost looks like I planned it!
Becky, even the flies from Vancouver endorse Mommy Wants Vodka.
4. Song I'm Loving That Became my Anthem this week: One day You Will by Lady Antebellum
5. Way cool iPod App I've discovered: Epicurious
If you're a foodie who loves the Epicurious site to score some recipes, did you know there's also an app for your iPod or iPhone? You can browse all their recipes, save them to your favorites, and if you choose to make some it will even make you a grocery list. How cool is that?! Next to Tweetdeck, it's my most used app so far.
6. Goal this weekend: Rock out in the car
Would you believe that I haven't set up that way cool car adapter thing that I won through Griffin Technology last summer so I can listen to my tunes in the car? I can hardly wait to try it out so I can listen to more Lady Antebellum in my car on the way to work.
Have a wonderful weekend!