1. The words "School Shooting" at school are akin to yelling "BOMB!" in an airport. Even if it's just class notes.
2. Being smarter than your teachers isn't exactly a good thing.
3. Listening is an art. One that you wish other people would learn and use more often.
4. Teenagers with anxiety react with flight or fight when backed into a corner. Be gentle with them, and eventually they'll tell you everything.
5. No matter how helpful, naive, and softhearted your kid is, not everyone will believe it and despite the fact he's really smart, he'll still do things that make you want to smack some sense into him.
6. Techie people? Not always as smart as you'd expect.
7. Momma Bear on the outside, a sleepless, shaking, throwing up wreck on the inside.
8. Sometimes, I just hate everyone.
9. When mad enough, I really can curse like a sailor enough to surprise even Hubs.
10. I'm too old for this shit.