Last week A Cappuccino A Day gave me this great award. Wow! How nice to have readers recognize that they enjoy your blog. Along with my award is a requirement to list seven things that I enjoy.
1. Something that we don't get enough of, but that I love more than anything, is time with Hubs. Since having Jake we didn't make a real effort to do a "date night", but now that he's older we are carving out a bit of time here and there. I am so blessed to have such a great guy in my life, and even if it's just going out to grab a coffee, I love being with him. Our next date is the movie theater to see the new Star Trek. Did you know that the last movie I saw before becoming a Mom was when Hubs took me to a Star Trek?
2. Listening to Jake and Hubs tease each other is something else that makes me smile. As I'm typing this they are snapping each other with tea towels in the kitchen, while Jake squeals and scampers around the room. They are so funny in the way they show their affection for each other; it usually involves someone getting held down and tickled.
3. Photography is something I'm really getting into, and really loving. I get so excited when I download a picture from my camera and I just know that it's really good. Last week I put my name on a waiting list at the local Starbucks to display, and maybe sell, some of my photos. I'm curious to see what happens!
4. I love having a teenager that is so much fun to be with. Last night Jake and I went out for sushi with a gift certificate he received for his birthday. He was all poised to pay for my dinner with his gift certificate, but I wouldn't let him. We sipped green tea, he giggled at my lame attempts to eat with chopsticks, and we had a fantastic time. People tend to assume that the teenage years are challenging, but so far we have enjoyed them-eye rolls and all.
5. There's something to be said about the satisfaction of making a great meal and serving it to my family. I mean, cooking or baking is fun to me anyway, and I love how it makes the house smell, but I really love it when Hubs and Jake come in the kitchen and are excited about what's for dinner. That makes it all worth it.
6. Writing would be, I suppose, an obvious love. It's like breathing. I see the stories like they are frames from a movie in my head, and they won't go away until I literally sit and write them down. I never understood that process, but I am beginning to now and when I feel a story coming on, I carve out time to write it. This blog isn't about making money, although it would be amazing to be paid to do something that I love so deeply and is so central to who I am as a person. Blogging, for me, is about the stories.
7. My favorite way to spend the summer; driving down an old country road on a sunny day with the stereo cranked. Jake would be in the back seat reading, Hubs and I holding hands on the gear shift and occasionally sipping coffee, the car would be packed for a road trip. It's the adventure of a trip, the anticipation of the fun to come, and the family time together that you just can't beat.
Part of this blogging award is for me to tag other people. Now, if you don't have time, or don't want to do it, I understand. I don't want to make this a chore, and I only picked four other bloggers. Check out their blogs! You may find some new reading.
Lady of Perpetual Chaos-that Mexican Cookie recipe looks good and I'm really curious to try it!
Love, Family, and Life- I LOVE this photo collage that Christy did. Beautiful! (oh that sweet baby, you just want to eat him up)
Stop Screaming, I'm Driving! (love that name!): I just love her writing in general.
Momartfully: This is a great post directed at Momversation.