Does your family have a collection of movies that you watch over and over without getting tired of them? We do. Being the relatively low tech family we are, we don't buy DVDs, but rather wait until our favorites come on TV. Remember doing that as a kid? Every Christmas I waited for Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, barely able to contain my excitement. I also loathed the original King Kong, which everyone else seemed to want to watch. In our house, when these come on tv, out comes the popcorn and we all cuddle up on the couch to enjoy them.
Our family has a top 10 for our favorite movies, and this week you get the first 5 (in no particular order)
1. The American President - my husband being the action flick guy that he is, surprised me when he announced that he liked this movie. We've watched it so much we can recite the lines.
2. Erin Brockovich - the lines in this movie leave us rolling, even though we've seen it many times. Our favorite? "I just went out there and performed sexual favors. Six hundred and thirty-four blow jobs in five days... I'm really quite tired..."
3. StepMom - Never, ever, fails to make me cry. "I had their past, you can have their future."
4. Ice Age - Even Hubs, who doesn't typically, like cartoons, loves this movie! In fact, we loved this one so much that we DID buy the DVD.
5. Independence Day - aliens, action, and Wil Smith to make it funny. What more could we ask for?
To be continued next week with the next top five movies...three of them are trilogies!