Ooo! I rarely ever get tagged for memes, but Jennifer over at Life With Girls tagged me! Yay!
1- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself
3- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Random things? Weird things? That could take a little bit of thinking. Lemme see.....
1. Sometimes I eat weird things for lunch. When I don't have time to pack a 'real' lunch for work, my co-workers usually see me with a bowl of instant maple flavored oatmeal and sliced banana. I get a few strange looks, but most people comment on how 'healthy' it is. The truth is, I'm just too lazy to make a real lunch. In fact, I had oatmeal for lunch today!
2. The smell of lilies gives me a raging headache. Today I was out grocery shopping and there were these beautiful stargazer lilies near the produce section; only two, mind you, but I could smell them 1/2 way across the store and couldn't wait to get out of there. The smell truly makes me feel ill. Weird!
3. A favorite snack of mine is whole wheat toast with raspberry jam and thinly sliced sharp Cheddar on top. I think it's something about that sweet and salty thing....I don't know anyone else who likes it.
4. Once, when Hubs and I owned a boat, we stopped at a gas bar to fill up. It was very icy out and when I went to step from the boat to the dock (which was coated in a full inch of ice), I slipped. Fortunately I was holding onto a bar on the deck so I don't completely fall in, but instead I ended up with my feet on the dock and my body stretched between the dock and the boat! I began screaming when I realized that the boat was beginning to drift away from the dock and I'd surely be going swimming, but a friend of ours rescued me by grabbing my feet and using me as a tow line. I don't recommend it; I was stiff for a full week afterwards.
5. I have trouble with long, verbal, directions. Seriously. Hubs used to chalk up my perchance for missing 1/2 of what he was saying to the color of my hair, but as my hair has become darker he's realized he's wrong. (hee hee). I am totally distracted by noise, and if you give me long directions, be prepared that I'm going to write them down. Otherwise, forget it. This is why I dubbed myself "The List Queen", because without one, I'm a bit of a scatter brain. Hence my name!
6. When I was a little girl, my parents would entertain housefuls of people. Tons. There would be board games and visiting, tons of food, and.....I'd disappear, only to hole up downstairs in my sister's room reading a book. The house full of people was just too much for me, and I didn't enjoy it. Things haven't changed much; I still prefer to be at home in my jammies with a good book and a cup of tea then at a party. Some call it antisocial, I call it... peace and quiet. Quiet is nice. I like quiet. I HATE noisy, busy, places-they leave me incredibly cranky and with a headache.
7. My perfect Christmas would be out in a ski lodge with Hubs and Jake...skiing the slopes, sipping hot chocolate by a roaring fire, and generally just enjoying ourselves. No turkey, no tree, no shopping, just us and the mountain. Heaven!
Well there you go; I'm not sure how interesting that may have been for you, but it was random! I'm tagging the following people:
Dante's Inferno with Children
Lizzie's Home (hey, you said you were looking for memes Liz :P)
Looky Daddy...although I know the moving thing is keeping you busy..what with the one eye and all
My Chaos, My Bliss
A Day in the Life of Elle